In a recent article the Washington Examiner quoted Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) as saying “The only thing Putin respects is strength… At this point the Russians are openly laughing at the president.” It’s not just Russia, it seems the entire world is laughing at Obama. The only people with any fear of his regime are American citizens. The increasingly violent police, federal authorities and tyrannical legislation and executive orders leaves my head spinning. Read more…
| Comment »Reblog
A New Jersey man was pulled over by police, given a beat down and then charged with eluding, resisting, and assault. Police failed to hand over evidence until the defense learned of a second dash camera tape. The second tape not only exonerated the defendant, but showed that the officers had falsified reports and fabricated the entire situation. Read more…
Gnome 3.12 is due out later this month, but if you want to try it out now on Fedora you can use R Hughes’ COPR repository for a early peek. I’m currently using it and it’s pretty stable. I especially like the new updates to Gnome’s Epiphany browser.
- Fire Trucks Crash Through Wall of Restaurant, Injure 15
- US Ambassador to Ukraine Confirms to CNN: Pro Russian Government Anti-Semitic Leaflets Are 'Real Deal'
- White House Strategy: Fabricating Fear and Injustice
- The Third Commandment: Is Profanity Losing its Punch?
- Facts and Fallacies About Paycheck Fairness
- Epic Discovery! NASA Announces First Earth-Size Planet Found That Could Support Life
- "Getting Closer and Closer" --Kepler Mission Findings Reveal Alien Star Systems in a Milky Way Teeming with Planets
- New Kepler-Mission Discovery Livestreamed by NASA Today 2 PM EDT --Is It a Twin Earth?
- Diverging Evolution of Early Earth and Mars Revealed by Meteorites
- "The Universe May be Permeated by an as Yet Unknown Field"
- Londoners say UK politicians, media getting Ukraine crisis wrong
- Civilians say they can’t ‘continue to pretend’ they have power over Albuquerque police
- Russian journalist detained, questioned for 15 hours by Ukraine law enforcement
- Putin’s annual Q&A: 10 most compelling quotes
- NASA discovers most Earth-like planet in 'Habitable Zone'
Ron Paul Launches Snowden Clemency Petition
Former U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) has launched a petition to grant NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden clemency so he may return home. Russia had granted him amnesty for a term of 1 year, but this amnesty runs out in in 5 months, at the end of July. Paul said of Snowden “[He] sacrificed his livelihood, citizenship, and freedom by exposing the disturbing scope of the NSA’s worldwide spying program. Thanks to one man’s courageous actions, Americans know about the truly egregious ways their government is spying on them.” Edward wants to return to his home but needs some degree of assurance that he won’t be persecuted. Read more…
Why I Am an Anarcho-capitalist
Via Ludwig von Mises Institute:
[repost img="http://blog.benspera.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/6601.jpg" title="Why I Am an Anarcho-Capitalist" desc="A great many people — more than ever, probably — describe themselves as supporters of the free market today, in spite of the unrelenting propaganda against it. And that’s great. Those statements of support, however, are followed by the inevitable but: but we need government to provide physical security and dispute resolution, the most critical services of all." url="http://mises.org/daily/6601/Why-I-Am-an-AnarchoCapitalist"]