Two French civilians say a prayer as they lay flowers on a fallen American soldier near the city of Cerentan in 1944 France. This picture says a lot about the respect and appreciation the allies had for each other, something the axis lacked.
Next month NASA’s New Horizons probe will wake up from it’s final hibernation in order to begun preparation for it’s arrival in the dwarf planet’s vicinity. The probe has travelled nearly 3 billion miles since launching in January of 2006. NASA will use the remaining travel time to test all of the probe’s systems and scientific gear before performing tests and observations on the dwarf planet and it’s moons beginning in January of 2015.
Thanks to Tom Fernandez for posting this cartoon on his blog.
Lately there has been a bunch of accusations directed toward comedian Bill Cosby, but I’ve seen very little evidence – actually no evidence to support these accusations. A little bit of research seems to put these accusations in the same league as similar accusations against the Duke Lacrosse players a few years ago. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem that most learned anything from that whole ordeal. Cosby has been treated as a criminal, NBC and Netflix both dropped plans for a new Cosby projects, despite the fact that prosecutors investigated the accusations and didn’t find evidence to support charges.
Here’s a picture including every surface mankind has visited as of 2014.
- Wilbur Ross Confirmed As Commerce Secretary. Cloture Voted On Ryan Zinke
- House Intel Committee Chair Nunes Gives An Interview. No One Is Happy (VIDEO)
- Darrell Issa Backtracks On His Call For A Special Prosecutor
- The End of the Republic: Trump Makes DEVASTATING Mistake. Again.
- Attaboy: Trump Defends Need For Increased Defense Spending (And I Agree)
- 1 killed, 4 injured after small plane crashes into house in California (PHOTOS, VIDEOS)
- Israel launches retaliatory strikes on Hamas targets in Gaza (VIDEO)
- Germany to join ‘fake news’ battle in Baltics with new Russian-language media
- DOJ switches sides in Texas voter ID lawsuit
- Walmart class-action bribery case dismissed by federal judge
- GNU Linux-libre 4.10 Kernel Officially Released for Users Who Want 100% Freedom
- deepin 15.4 Linux Enters Beta with Revamped Control Center, New Installation UI
- Important Linux Kernel Security Update Now Available for CentOS 5 Users
- MWC 2017: Dell's New Edge Gateway 3000 Series Are Powered by Ubuntu Core 16
- Linux Kernels 3.16.41 and 3.2.86 Released with Networking and Filesystem Changes
A Libertarian Case for Net Neutrality
As a libertarian you may be uneasy with the concept of net neutrality. Like me, you feel inexplicably drawn to this neutrality but feel guilty for it. You think to yourself, “I’m a free-market libertarian, by God! Regulation is wrong! Why is my instinct betraying me?” It’s because we don’t live in perfect world. We live in an economy that is far from free and is infested with government regulations and corporate manipulation. The internet service industry is a picturesque example of this.
Texas Police Roadblock Collected Drivers’ Saliva, Blood
Friday, off duty police officers set up a mid-day road block, diverting drivers into a parking lot where federal contractors took blood and cheek swabs. Several residents of North Fort Worth said that they tried to avoid the pull off, but were forced off the road, into the parking lot.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says the blood and swabs were collected for a voluntary, national survey and the samples are anonymous. Dallas-Forth Worth Police Department originally denied any involvement, but later admitted that their Traffic Division coordinated the event with the Traffic Safety Admin and off duty officers.
The Fourth Amendment seemingly doesn’t apply to off duty police officers corralling citizens for unofficial, “voluntary” sobriety surveys. Is this the life of a free American citizen? To be detained and tested at the government’s leisure. No available recourse, except to complain to the very same management that approved and participated in this fiasco to begin with.
Source: NBC 5