| Comment »Image
The most disturbing part of the story is that it was completely unintentional; the reporter was just trying to give the poor guy a high five. This is some of the worst hand-eye coordination I’ve seen… and a respectable amount of restraint shown by the guy who got palmed in the face.
| Comment »Image
President Teddy Roosevelt has a reputation for being a tough guy, but here’s a story a bit more personal than the common tale of his days leading the Rough Riders. The best part of this story is that it’s in the President’s own words. It really does justice to the fair but tough man that Roosevelt was.
Take note that Roosevelt makes it clear that he really didn’t want this confrontation, but lacked any alternatives at the time. He also didn’t fall in with the other patrons who submitted to the bully and allow him to continue his shenanigans. He even let a few of the bully’s jibes slide until he stood up. Great story. Read more…
In an unprecedented act of open criticism of a sitting President, two 4-star Generals have publicly blasted President Obama’s policies. Several weeks ago Marine Corps General John Kelly, commander of U.S. Southern Command, first spoke out about the President’s border crisis, and now the Marine Corps top commander, Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps Commandant, publicly ridiculed President Obama’s handling of Iraq and the subsequent mess that ensued.
- Uber and out: Taxi app temporarily banned in Germany
- EU considering banning Russian state firms borrowing - report
- Moscow ready to expose 'Kiev in two weeks' spin with Barroso call transcript
- Slovakia begins reverse gas flow to Ukraine
- Muslim barred from France’s nuclear sites due to alleged jihadist ties
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition to Get a Linux Release – Gallery
- Ubuntu GNOME 14.10 Beta 1 (Utopic Unicorn) Finally Brings GNOME Shell 3.12
- Tails 1.1.1 OS Will Help You Remain Anonymous Online – Gallery
- Old Ubuntu Installer Bug Can Still Delete Your Hard Drive and All Other OSes
- Black Lab Linux 5.1 Is a Good Option for Windows Users Who Want to Adopt Linux – Gallery
Ron Paul Launches Snowden Clemency Petition
Former U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) has launched a petition to grant NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden clemency so he may return home. Russia had granted him amnesty for a term of 1 year, but this amnesty runs out in in 5 months, at the end of July. Paul said of Snowden “[He] sacrificed his livelihood, citizenship, and freedom by exposing the disturbing scope of the NSA’s worldwide spying program. Thanks to one man’s courageous actions, Americans know about the truly egregious ways their government is spying on them.” Edward wants to return to his home but needs some degree of assurance that he won’t be persecuted. Read more…
Russians Are Laughing in Obama’s Face
In a recent article the Washington Examiner quoted Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) as saying “The only thing Putin respects is strength… At this point the Russians are openly laughing at the president.” It’s not just Russia, it seems the entire world is laughing at Obama. The only people with any fear of his regime are American citizens. The increasingly violent police, federal authorities and tyrannical legislation and executive orders leaves my head spinning. Read more…