Two French civilians say a prayer as they lay flowers on a fallen American soldier near the city of Cerentan in 1944 France. This picture says a lot about the respect and appreciation the allies had for each other, something the axis lacked.
Next month NASA’s New Horizons probe will wake up from it’s final hibernation in order to begun preparation for it’s arrival in the dwarf planet’s vicinity. The probe has travelled nearly 3 billion miles since launching in January of 2006. NASA will use the remaining travel time to test all of the probe’s systems and scientific gear before performing tests and observations on the dwarf planet and it’s moons beginning in January of 2015.
Thanks to Tom Fernandez for posting this cartoon on his blog.
Lately there has been a bunch of accusations directed toward comedian Bill Cosby, but I’ve seen very little evidence – actually no evidence to support these accusations. A little bit of research seems to put these accusations in the same league as similar accusations against the Duke Lacrosse players a few years ago. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem that most learned anything from that whole ordeal. Cosby has been treated as a criminal, NBC and Netflix both dropped plans for a new Cosby projects, despite the fact that prosecutors investigated the accusations and didn’t find evidence to support charges.
Here’s a picture including every surface mankind has visited as of 2014.
- Bunny Ranch Brothel Offers To Pay Down Student Loans For New Sex Workers
- Lawmakers Press White House To Strip OPM’s Control Over Security Clearances
- Iran’s Supreme Leader Closes Door On More Talks With US
- What OPEC’s New Romance with Russia Means for Oil Prices
- 12 Hot Photos Of Bombshell Ashley Benson [SLIDESHOW]
- Anti-Russian sanctions will be gradually lifted in the next 3 years – Kudrin
- Duma rejects proposal of daily national anthem singing in schools
- Baby amongst children removed over Islamist radicalization fears
- 1 dead, 3 wounded in Northern Arizona University shooting, suspect in custody
- Coca-Cola ‘trying to manipulate public’ on sugar-obesity link
- Ubuntu Touch OTA-7 Update Is Being Tested, on Track for October Launch
- Beyond Earth – Rising Tide Arrives on Linux Today
- Opera 34 Is Now Based on Chromium 47, Adds MSE Audio Support, Share Button on Mac
- Ubuntu Linux Is Now Supported on IBM's New Power Systems LC Server Family
- KDE Plasma Wayland Port Receives Support for Transient Window Positioning, More
A Libertarian Case for Net Neutrality
As a libertarian you may be uneasy with the concept of net neutrality. Like me, you feel inexplicably drawn to this neutrality but feel guilty for it. You think to yourself, “I’m a free-market libertarian, by God! Regulation is wrong! Why is my instinct betraying me?” It’s because we don’t live in perfect world. We live in an economy that is far from free and is infested with government regulations and corporate manipulation. The internet service industry is a picturesque example of this.
Conservative Circle Jerk
I’m so tired of hearing about Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann. Neither of them have done anything more than pay a little lip service to conservative principles, yet so many seem to have ordained them as conservative saints.
What have either of them done to be deserving of so much attention? Bachmann voted for the Patriot Act! Why some are so easily duped into jumping on political bandwagons every year is beyond me. They are only setting themselves up for future disappointment when these two end up being nothing more than two more establishment RINO’s who found a convenient crown to pander to.