Found this awesome song about PTSD and the Iraq War written by an artist (and Iraq vet) by the name of Aaron Lee Marshall. Check out the music video here on YouTube. The song reminds me of something John Mayer or Jack Johnson would put out. I bought the song on Amazon and have been listening to it all day. Quality tune.
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources sent de facto SWAT teams to the homes of local pig farmers and forced the farmers to kill all of their livestock. The DNR claims the pigs were an “invasive species.” Why they needed body armor and assault rifles for a few hog farmers is beyond me. Unreal.
Full Story: Natural News
Am I the only one that really doesn’t care if some Secret Service agents and military guys got a few prostitutes while in Colombia? It really aggravates me that stupid stories like this continue to make headlines while our country is swirling the drain.
It wasn’t rape. Grown men paid willing adult women to have sex. Had this been in Las Vegas it would be completely legal, yet somehow it’s a news story. I’ve seen politicians do worse and continue to get reelected. It’s sad when non-politicians get caught up in these political games, all so one side of the political spectrum can prove a point. People need to mind their own business and put the pressure on the politicians to focus on the things that really matter.
More info available from Fox News.
What a nightmare. After hosting with Yahoo for over 10 years it was time for a change. I transferred my domain to HostGator, they have a much better setup and Yahoo’s service had given me some problems. The worst being that Yahoo’s tech support said they were escalating and issue with their server and it would be resolved shortly – that was 2 years ago. Everything about the transfer seemed to go smoothly but 2 weeks later Yahoo still hadn’t release my domain to HostGator. What a sorry excuse for a company. No wonder Yahoo is going under.
I’m also doing some computer upgrades. I do most of my work at the office so I’ve neglected my home PC. It had a 5 year old version of Suse Linux, so old it can’t even download updates and software. So I ‘m working on updating it to an recent version of Ubuntu.
“Out with the old, in with the new” as they say.
A lot of this is nothing new, but it’s something that hit close to home for me because it’s local. Basically, a bunch of guys in a Motorcycle Club were cruising down the highway and they were pulled over. Big deal, right? Well this is the thing: not a single arrest or ticket was issued. Multiple police department participated in this action, so it was obviously preplanned, and to top it off the officers were armed with assault rifles. All this for a group of guys that they couldn’t even write a single ticket on.
What was the reason for pulling these motorcyclists over, other than to harass them? This whole militarization of the our civilian police force is concerning. These are American citizens not al-Qaeda. When our police force treats our own people the same as our military treats the enemy we have a serious problem.
- Blame The Government For Your Ridiculously Overpriced Phone Bill
- China’s Foreign Trade Comeuppance
- MUTUAL DEFENSE TREATY: China Will Defend Its North Korean Vassal
- Here Is How The Defeat Of Hillary Clinton Led To The Sexual Harassment Revolution
- Dean Heller’s Kabuki Dance Over Obamacare ‘Repeal Lite’ Bills
- No CNN, Sarah Sanders Doesn’t Need to Reveal the Dirtbags She’s (Maybe) Had to Deal With
- Sex-Ed Teacher Causes Meltdown After Giving Students Lesson On the Importance of Virginity
- Former Facebook Exec: Social Media is Programming Us and It’s Tearing Our Society Apart
- Pimps, and Punks, and Pooches – Oh My! Hillary Clinton Sets Off the Dogs
- BREAKING: Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand Calls On President Trump To Resign Over Sexual Assault Allegations
- People taking out mortgages to buy bitcoin - securities regulator
- One reportedly dead, several injured in explosion at major gas facility in Austria
- 6.2-magnitude earthquake hits Kerman province in SE Iran – reports
- Daily Mail article on Damian Green sexual misconduct allegations probed
- 30 dogs die in hot van, fugitive owner faces 90 yrs in jail (DISTURBING VIDEO)
- BlackArch Linux Ethical Hacking OS Gets Linux Kernel 4.14.4, Updated Installer
- System76 Enables HiDPI Support on All of Their Linux Laptops and Desktops
- Ubuntu Devs Work on Demoting Python 2 to "Universe" Repo for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- New Antivirus Live CD Release Is Out Now Based on 4MLinux 24.0 and ClamAV 0.99.2
- LibreOffice 6.0 Coming Soon to openSUSE Tumbleweed, Along with KDE Apps 17.12
A Libertarian Case for Net Neutrality
As a libertarian you may be uneasy with the concept of net neutrality. Like me, you feel inexplicably drawn to this neutrality but feel guilty for it. You think to yourself, “I’m a free-market libertarian, by God! Regulation is wrong! Why is my instinct betraying me?” It’s because we don’t live in perfect world. We live in an economy that is far from free and is infested with government regulations and corporate manipulation. The internet service industry is a picturesque example of this.
Retired Mathematician Restores a Rotting Cabin from 1830
[repost img=”http://blog.benspera.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/01-kpg0Yhx1.jpg” title=”A Retired Mathematician Found A Rotting Cabin From 1830. What He Did With It Is Perfection.” desc=”Reddit user srirachaforeverthing just posted what happens when you mix a retired mathematician father and an old, rotting 1830s cabin. He decided to restore it. And the result? Cozy perfection.” url=”http://www.viralnova.com/retired-mathematician-cabin/”]