Found this awesome song about PTSD and the Iraq War written by an artist (and Iraq vet) by the name of Aaron Lee Marshall. Check out the music video here on YouTube. The song reminds me of something John Mayer or Jack Johnson would put out. I bought the song on Amazon and have been listening to it all day. Quality tune.
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources sent de facto SWAT teams to the homes of local pig farmers and forced the farmers to kill all of their livestock. The DNR claims the pigs were an “invasive species.” Why they needed body armor and assault rifles for a few hog farmers is beyond me. Unreal.
Full Story: Natural News
Am I the only one that really doesn’t care if some Secret Service agents and military guys got a few prostitutes while in Colombia? It really aggravates me that stupid stories like this continue to make headlines while our country is swirling the drain.
It wasn’t rape. Grown men paid willing adult women to have sex. Had this been in Las Vegas it would be completely legal, yet somehow it’s a news story. I’ve seen politicians do worse and continue to get reelected. It’s sad when non-politicians get caught up in these political games, all so one side of the political spectrum can prove a point. People need to mind their own business and put the pressure on the politicians to focus on the things that really matter.
More info available from Fox News.
What a nightmare. After hosting with Yahoo for over 10 years it was time for a change. I transferred my domain to HostGator, they have a much better setup and Yahoo’s service had given me some problems. The worst being that Yahoo’s tech support said they were escalating and issue with their server and it would be resolved shortly – that was 2 years ago. Everything about the transfer seemed to go smoothly but 2 weeks later Yahoo still hadn’t release my domain to HostGator. What a sorry excuse for a company. No wonder Yahoo is going under.
I’m also doing some computer upgrades. I do most of my work at the office so I’ve neglected my home PC. It had a 5 year old version of Suse Linux, so old it can’t even download updates and software. So I ‘m working on updating it to an recent version of Ubuntu.
“Out with the old, in with the new” as they say.
A lot of this is nothing new, but it’s something that hit close to home for me because it’s local. Basically, a bunch of guys in a Motorcycle Club were cruising down the highway and they were pulled over. Big deal, right? Well this is the thing: not a single arrest or ticket was issued. Multiple police department participated in this action, so it was obviously preplanned, and to top it off the officers were armed with assault rifles. All this for a group of guys that they couldn’t even write a single ticket on.
What was the reason for pulling these motorcyclists over, other than to harass them? This whole militarization of the our civilian police force is concerning. These are American citizens not al-Qaeda. When our police force treats our own people the same as our military treats the enemy we have a serious problem.
- Russians Celebrate Trump’s Inauguration By Putting Him On $10,000 Coin
- Obama Writes Scathing Letter To Congress Slamming Legislators For Not Closing Gitmo
- Pelosi: Obamacare Approval Numbers Are Low Because Of False Information
- Female GOP Committee Chairs Are Breaking The Mold
- Trump Targets Three Liberal Favorites With Ambitious Budget Cuts
- Trump Has Given Up His Personal Cell Phone
- BREAKING: Protesters Assault “Deploraball” Attendees, Police Deploy Tear Gas
- “Having A Blast” Clinton Accusers Share Selfie From Inaugural Ball
- Is There a Threat of Drone Bombing at Trump’s Inauguration?
- Alec Baldwin, Robert De Niro Lead by Example at Anti-Trump Protest
- Before you go, Obama: 'Has any other Nobel Peace prize winner dropped 100k bombs?'
- Trump claims cabinet has ‘highest IQ’ with education levels lower than Obama’s
- Mighty ducks: Plucky bird outsmarts furious Tiger (VIDEO)
- Nobody ‘stealing’ your jobs, you spend too much on wars, Alibaba founder tells US
- Massive anti-Trump protest at #DeploraBall in DC ahead of inauguration
- Get Ubuntu 16.04.1, Linux Mint 18.1, elementary OS 0.4 & Zorin OS 12 on One ISO - Exclusive
- Docker 1.13 Officially Released, Docker for AWS and Azure Ready for Production
- Valve Rebases SteamOS on Debian GNU/Linux 8.7, Adds Mesa 13.0.3 & Nvidia 375.26
- Linux 4.9 Is the Next Long-Term Supported Kernel Branch, Says Greg Kroah-Hartman
- Mesa 17 Gets a First Release Candidate, Final Planned for Early February 2017
A Libertarian Case for Net Neutrality
As a libertarian you may be uneasy with the concept of net neutrality. Like me, you feel inexplicably drawn to this neutrality but feel guilty for it. You think to yourself, “I’m a free-market libertarian, by God! Regulation is wrong! Why is my instinct betraying me?” It’s because we don’t live in perfect world. We live in an economy that is far from free and is infested with government regulations and corporate manipulation. The internet service industry is a picturesque example of this.
Romney Supporters’ Changed Tune
After months of vile, hateful attacks from Romney supporters during the primary, they have turned on a dime and now expect us to come filing in behind the party’s “official” candidate. Not this guy. I’m not voting for Romney because it solves nothing. We need to fix this country, and voting for an individual only because he won’t do AS MUCH damage just seem ludicrous to me. I’m not voting for anyone who’s going to do more damage PERIOD. I’m voting with my conscience not some underhanded political scheme to drag this economical crash out as long as possible. In my opinion, I think we should just get it over with, and start rebuilding already. Read more…