Found this awesome song about PTSD and the Iraq War written by an artist (and Iraq vet) by the name of Aaron Lee Marshall. Check out the music video here on YouTube. The song reminds me of something John Mayer or Jack Johnson would put out. I bought the song on Amazon and have been listening to it all day. Quality tune.
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources sent de facto SWAT teams to the homes of local pig farmers and forced the farmers to kill all of their livestock. The DNR claims the pigs were an “invasive species.” Why they needed body armor and assault rifles for a few hog farmers is beyond me. Unreal.
Full Story: Natural News
| Comment »News
Am I the only one that really doesn’t care if some Secret Service agents and military guys got a few prostitutes while in Colombia? It really aggravates me that stupid stories like this continue to make headlines while our country is swirling the drain.
It wasn’t rape. Grown men paid willing adult women to have sex. Had this been in Las Vegas it would be completely legal, yet somehow it’s a news story. I’ve seen politicians do worse and continue to get reelected. It’s sad when non-politicians get caught up in these political games, all so one side of the political spectrum can prove a point. People need to mind their own business and put the pressure on the politicians to focus on the things that really matter.
More info available from Fox News.
What a nightmare. After hosting with Yahoo for over 10 years it was time for a change. I transferred my domain to HostGator, they have a much better setup and Yahoo’s service had given me some problems. The worst being that Yahoo’s tech support said they were escalating and issue with their server and it would be resolved shortly – that was 2 years ago. Everything about the transfer seemed to go smoothly but 2 weeks later Yahoo still hadn’t release my domain to HostGator. What a sorry excuse for a company. No wonder Yahoo is going under.
I’m also doing some computer upgrades. I do most of my work at the office so I’ve neglected my home PC. It had a 5 year old version of Suse Linux, so old it can’t even download updates and software. So I ‘m working on updating it to an recent version of Ubuntu.
“Out with the old, in with the new” as they say.
A lot of this is nothing new, but it’s something that hit close to home for me because it’s local. Basically, a bunch of guys in a Motorcycle Club were cruising down the highway and they were pulled over. Big deal, right? Well this is the thing: not a single arrest or ticket was issued. Multiple police department participated in this action, so it was obviously preplanned, and to top it off the officers were armed with assault rifles. All this for a group of guys that they couldn’t even write a single ticket on.
What was the reason for pulling these motorcyclists over, other than to harass them? This whole militarization of the our civilian police force is concerning. These are American citizens not al-Qaeda. When our police force treats our own people the same as our military treats the enemy we have a serious problem.
| Comment »News
- Britain's Labour Leader Conscripts Obama Architect David Axelrod for 2015 Election
- Lebanese man admits to Thai terror plot to bomb Israelis
- Assad's Forces Accused of New Syrian Poison Gas Attack
- Unions Call Five Days of Crippling Tube Strikes for London
- Senior Judge Retires Following Reprimand for Campaigning for Marriage, Citing a 'Lack of Support' for Traditional Views
- Epic Discovery! NASA Announces First Earth-Size Planet Found That Could Support Life
- "Getting Closer and Closer" --Kepler Mission Findings Reveal Alien Star Systems in a Milky Way Teeming with Planets
- New Kepler-Mission Discovery Livestreamed by NASA Today 2 PM EDT --Is It a Twin Earth?
- Diverging Evolution of Early Earth and Mars Revealed by Meteorites
- "The Universe May be Permeated by an as Yet Unknown Field"
- Russia: ‘We’ll only return to PACE after sanctions lifted’
- UN base in South Sudan attacked by ‘peaceful’ mob, dozens dead
- Out of control: Fukushima manager admits to ‘embarrassing failure’
- Historic city of Yalta celebrates 70 years since liberation from Nazi troops
- Media heavyweights join fight against removing ‘Innocence of Muslims’ from YouTube
Ron Paul Launches Snowden Clemency Petition
Former U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) has launched a petition to grant NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden clemency so he may return home. Russia had granted him amnesty for a term of 1 year, but this amnesty runs out in in 5 months, at the end of July. Paul said of Snowden “[He] sacrificed his livelihood, citizenship, and freedom by exposing the disturbing scope of the NSA’s worldwide spying program. Thanks to one man’s courageous actions, Americans know about the truly egregious ways their government is spying on them.” Edward wants to return to his home but needs some degree of assurance that he won’t be persecuted. Read more…
Ct Gun Owners Wait in Line for Gun Owner Nightmare
[repost img="http://blog.benspera.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/FirefoxScreenSnapz126-620x347.jpg" title="CONNECTICUT GUN OWNERS WAIT IN LINE TO DO SOMETHING MANY GUN OWNERS HOPE THEY NEVER HAVE TO" desc="Connecticut residents waited in long lines on Thursday to register their firearms and high-capacity magazines before the state’s new gun laws go into effect on Jan. 1, 2014." url="http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/26/connecticut-gun-owners-wait-in-line-to-do-something-many-gun-owners-hope-they-never-have-to/"]