Found this awesome song about PTSD and the Iraq War written by an artist (and Iraq vet) by the name of Aaron Lee Marshall. Check out the music video here on YouTube. The song reminds me of something John Mayer or Jack Johnson would put out. I bought the song on Amazon and have been listening to it all day. Quality tune.
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources sent de facto SWAT teams to the homes of local pig farmers and forced the farmers to kill all of their livestock. The DNR claims the pigs were an “invasive species.” Why they needed body armor and assault rifles for a few hog farmers is beyond me. Unreal.
Full Story: Natural News
| Comment »News
Am I the only one that really doesn’t care if some Secret Service agents and military guys got a few prostitutes while in Colombia? It really aggravates me that stupid stories like this continue to make headlines while our country is swirling the drain.
It wasn’t rape. Grown men paid willing adult women to have sex. Had this been in Las Vegas it would be completely legal, yet somehow it’s a news story. I’ve seen politicians do worse and continue to get reelected. It’s sad when non-politicians get caught up in these political games, all so one side of the political spectrum can prove a point. People need to mind their own business and put the pressure on the politicians to focus on the things that really matter.
More info available from Fox News.
What a nightmare. After hosting with Yahoo for over 10 years it was time for a change. I transferred my domain to HostGator, they have a much better setup and Yahoo’s service had given me some problems. The worst being that Yahoo’s tech support said they were escalating and issue with their server and it would be resolved shortly – that was 2 years ago. Everything about the transfer seemed to go smoothly but 2 weeks later Yahoo still hadn’t release my domain to HostGator. What a sorry excuse for a company. No wonder Yahoo is going under.
I’m also doing some computer upgrades. I do most of my work at the office so I’ve neglected my home PC. It had a 5 year old version of Suse Linux, so old it can’t even download updates and software. So I ‘m working on updating it to an recent version of Ubuntu.
“Out with the old, in with the new” as they say.
A lot of this is nothing new, but it’s something that hit close to home for me because it’s local. Basically, a bunch of guys in a Motorcycle Club were cruising down the highway and they were pulled over. Big deal, right? Well this is the thing: not a single arrest or ticket was issued. Multiple police department participated in this action, so it was obviously preplanned, and to top it off the officers were armed with assault rifles. All this for a group of guys that they couldn’t even write a single ticket on.
What was the reason for pulling these motorcyclists over, other than to harass them? This whole militarization of the our civilian police force is concerning. These are American citizens not al-Qaeda. When our police force treats our own people the same as our military treats the enemy we have a serious problem.
| Comment »News
- Cancer-Stricken Veteran Denied Benefits, Told to Get a Job by VA
- Mystery of the Red Smoke: Red Arrows in Apparent Show of Support for the Union
- One Million Strong Gaza March Planned For Saturday in London
- Gay Kiss At Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony In Snub To Homophobia
- Iran Sentences Christian Man to Have Lips Burnt with Cigarette for Not Observing Ramadan
- Alan Dershowitz: Media ‘Racist’ In Coverage Of Israel-Hamas Conflict
- The Daily Caller Presents The Alphabet Of Racism: THE LETTER ‘E’
- Israeli Tanks Block Missiles With Mini ‘Iron Dome’ System [VIDEO]
- This Couple Spends Their Free Time Mocking Abortion Protesters
- Lawmakers: Make It Easier For Military Dogs To Reunite With Soldiers After War [PHOTOS]
- US and allies ‘in no position to lecture anyone on the sanctity of human life’
- The Cyprus issue: 40 years' resolution and the matter of natural gas
- DRIP displays British ‘intelligence’ in dealing with the world
- 89 yo Nazi war crime suspect dies in US custody before extradition to Germany
- ‘Saddest photo yet’: Astronaut photographs Gaza offensive from space
- Valve Releases Major Steam Beta Update with Improved Web Browser
- Unity 8 and Mir Updates Promoted by Ubuntu Developers
- Oracle Linux 7.0 OS Has XFS as Default File System and Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 3
- Mozilla Firefox 31 Officially Lands in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Vendetta Online Space MMO Gets Multithreaded Rendering Fixes
Ron Paul Launches Snowden Clemency Petition
Former U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) has launched a petition to grant NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden clemency so he may return home. Russia had granted him amnesty for a term of 1 year, but this amnesty runs out in in 5 months, at the end of July. Paul said of Snowden “[He] sacrificed his livelihood, citizenship, and freedom by exposing the disturbing scope of the NSA’s worldwide spying program. Thanks to one man’s courageous actions, Americans know about the truly egregious ways their government is spying on them.” Edward wants to return to his home but needs some degree of assurance that he won’t be persecuted. Read more…
Happy Independence Day!
Happy Independence Day to all my fellow Americans! Remember today isn’t just another day off of work. It has important meaning that should be honored and treasured.