Found this awesome song about PTSD and the Iraq War written by an artist (and Iraq vet) by the name of Aaron Lee Marshall. Check out the music video here on YouTube. The song reminds me of something John Mayer or Jack Johnson would put out. I bought the song on Amazon and have been listening to it all day. Quality tune.
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources sent de facto SWAT teams to the homes of local pig farmers and forced the farmers to kill all of their livestock. The DNR claims the pigs were an “invasive species.” Why they needed body armor and assault rifles for a few hog farmers is beyond me. Unreal.
Full Story: Natural News
Am I the only one that really doesn’t care if some Secret Service agents and military guys got a few prostitutes while in Colombia? It really aggravates me that stupid stories like this continue to make headlines while our country is swirling the drain.
It wasn’t rape. Grown men paid willing adult women to have sex. Had this been in Las Vegas it would be completely legal, yet somehow it’s a news story. I’ve seen politicians do worse and continue to get reelected. It’s sad when non-politicians get caught up in these political games, all so one side of the political spectrum can prove a point. People need to mind their own business and put the pressure on the politicians to focus on the things that really matter.
More info available from Fox News.
What a nightmare. After hosting with Yahoo for over 10 years it was time for a change. I transferred my domain to HostGator, they have a much better setup and Yahoo’s service had given me some problems. The worst being that Yahoo’s tech support said they were escalating and issue with their server and it would be resolved shortly – that was 2 years ago. Everything about the transfer seemed to go smoothly but 2 weeks later Yahoo still hadn’t release my domain to HostGator. What a sorry excuse for a company. No wonder Yahoo is going under.
I’m also doing some computer upgrades. I do most of my work at the office so I’ve neglected my home PC. It had a 5 year old version of Suse Linux, so old it can’t even download updates and software. So I ‘m working on updating it to an recent version of Ubuntu.
“Out with the old, in with the new” as they say.
A lot of this is nothing new, but it’s something that hit close to home for me because it’s local. Basically, a bunch of guys in a Motorcycle Club were cruising down the highway and they were pulled over. Big deal, right? Well this is the thing: not a single arrest or ticket was issued. Multiple police department participated in this action, so it was obviously preplanned, and to top it off the officers were armed with assault rifles. All this for a group of guys that they couldn’t even write a single ticket on.
What was the reason for pulling these motorcyclists over, other than to harass them? This whole militarization of the our civilian police force is concerning. These are American citizens not al-Qaeda. When our police force treats our own people the same as our military treats the enemy we have a serious problem.
- Wilbur Ross Confirmed As Commerce Secretary. Cloture Voted On Ryan Zinke
- House Intel Committee Chair Nunes Gives An Interview. No One Is Happy (VIDEO)
- Darrell Issa Backtracks On His Call For A Special Prosecutor
- The End of the Republic: Trump Makes DEVASTATING Mistake. Again.
- Attaboy: Trump Defends Need For Increased Defense Spending (And I Agree)
- 1 killed, 4 injured after small plane crashes into house in California (PHOTOS, VIDEOS)
- Israel launches retaliatory strikes on Hamas targets in Gaza (VIDEO)
- Germany to join ‘fake news’ battle in Baltics with new Russian-language media
- DOJ switches sides in Texas voter ID lawsuit
- Walmart class-action bribery case dismissed by federal judge
- GNU Linux-libre 4.10 Kernel Officially Released for Users Who Want 100% Freedom
- deepin 15.4 Linux Enters Beta with Revamped Control Center, New Installation UI
- Important Linux Kernel Security Update Now Available for CentOS 5 Users
- MWC 2017: Dell's New Edge Gateway 3000 Series Are Powered by Ubuntu Core 16
- Linux Kernels 3.16.41 and 3.2.86 Released with Networking and Filesystem Changes
A Libertarian Case for Net Neutrality
As a libertarian you may be uneasy with the concept of net neutrality. Like me, you feel inexplicably drawn to this neutrality but feel guilty for it. You think to yourself, “I’m a free-market libertarian, by God! Regulation is wrong! Why is my instinct betraying me?” It’s because we don’t live in perfect world. We live in an economy that is far from free and is infested with government regulations and corporate manipulation. The internet service industry is a picturesque example of this.
Man Charged for Opening Fire on Armed Shoplifters
An Arizona couple was being pursued by a Sears loss prevention officer after shoplifting a power drill. When the couple was confronted at the exit, Ms. Hough pulled a toy firearm, with the orange cap painted black to conceal it, on the Sears employee.
Nearby, 61-year-old Mervin Brewer, a former U.S. Marine, took notice. Brewer says his wife was coming out of the same exit so he opened fire. Brewer fired 4 rounds, none of which hit the couple. Ms. Hough soon realized that there were real guns involved, dropped the toy gun and they both fled on a motorcycle. Read more…