Found this awesome song about PTSD and the Iraq War written by an artist (and Iraq vet) by the name of Aaron Lee Marshall. Check out the music video here on YouTube. The song reminds me of something John Mayer or Jack Johnson would put out. I bought the song on Amazon and have been listening to it all day. Quality tune.
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources sent de facto SWAT teams to the homes of local pig farmers and forced the farmers to kill all of their livestock. The DNR claims the pigs were an “invasive species.” Why they needed body armor and assault rifles for a few hog farmers is beyond me. Unreal.
Full Story: Natural News
Am I the only one that really doesn’t care if some Secret Service agents and military guys got a few prostitutes while in Colombia? It really aggravates me that stupid stories like this continue to make headlines while our country is swirling the drain.
It wasn’t rape. Grown men paid willing adult women to have sex. Had this been in Las Vegas it would be completely legal, yet somehow it’s a news story. I’ve seen politicians do worse and continue to get reelected. It’s sad when non-politicians get caught up in these political games, all so one side of the political spectrum can prove a point. People need to mind their own business and put the pressure on the politicians to focus on the things that really matter.
More info available from Fox News.
What a nightmare. After hosting with Yahoo for over 10 years it was time for a change. I transferred my domain to HostGator, they have a much better setup and Yahoo’s service had given me some problems. The worst being that Yahoo’s tech support said they were escalating and issue with their server and it would be resolved shortly – that was 2 years ago. Everything about the transfer seemed to go smoothly but 2 weeks later Yahoo still hadn’t release my domain to HostGator. What a sorry excuse for a company. No wonder Yahoo is going under.
I’m also doing some computer upgrades. I do most of my work at the office so I’ve neglected my home PC. It had a 5 year old version of Suse Linux, so old it can’t even download updates and software. So I ‘m working on updating it to an recent version of Ubuntu.
“Out with the old, in with the new” as they say.
A lot of this is nothing new, but it’s something that hit close to home for me because it’s local. Basically, a bunch of guys in a Motorcycle Club were cruising down the highway and they were pulled over. Big deal, right? Well this is the thing: not a single arrest or ticket was issued. Multiple police department participated in this action, so it was obviously preplanned, and to top it off the officers were armed with assault rifles. All this for a group of guys that they couldn’t even write a single ticket on.
What was the reason for pulling these motorcyclists over, other than to harass them? This whole militarization of the our civilian police force is concerning. These are American citizens not al-Qaeda. When our police force treats our own people the same as our military treats the enemy we have a serious problem.
- Read This Book Before You Go To War (You Too, Ladies)
- Europe Needs A Strong America To Stop Multicultural Political Correctness, Says Austrian Activist [VIDEO]
- Growing Number Of Race Riots Leave A Dark Mark On Obama’s Legacy
- Navy Investigating Second Sailor Who Refused To Stand For National Anthem
- Gennifer Flowers Agrees To Join Trump At Presidential Debate
- BREAKING: Body Cam and Dash Cam Footage from Charlotte Police Shooting [VIDEO]
- The Time Ted Cruz Said: “I’m Going to Tell You What I Really Think”
- BREAKING: Charlotte PD Agrees to Release Dash Cam Footage of Shooting
- I Learned This Lesson Over 20 Years Ago: Politicians Will Always Disappoint You
- WaterCooler, Saturday! 9/24/2016 – Open Thread – THE Debate!
- Up to 9 shot on Illinois University campus, shooter at large - reports
- Police arrest, identify shooter who killed 5 at mall in Washington State
- Baltimore police searching for 3 shooters after 8 people shot & injured, including toddler
- Transgender couple becomes world’s first to give birth (PHOTOS)
- 2 injured in Budapest explosion, police evacuating central area
- openSUSE Tumbleweed Is the First Stable Distro to Offer the GNOME 3.22 Desktop - Updated
- Ubuntu Online Summit for Ubuntu 17.04 to Take Place November 15-16, 2016
- Audacious 3.8 Free Music Player Is Out, Finally Lets You Run Multiple Instances
- AndEX Live CD Now Ships Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Linux Kernel 4.4.20 LTS
- SystemRescueCd 4.8.2 System Recovery Live CD Ships with Linux Kernel 4.4.21 LTS
A Libertarian Case for Net Neutrality
As a libertarian you may be uneasy with the concept of net neutrality. Like me, you feel inexplicably drawn to this neutrality but feel guilty for it. You think to yourself, “I’m a free-market libertarian, by God! Regulation is wrong! Why is my instinct betraying me?” It’s because we don’t live in perfect world. We live in an economy that is far from free and is infested with government regulations and corporate manipulation. The internet service industry is a picturesque example of this.
Origins of Syphilis
We are all at least familiar with syphilis from our sex education classes, but most of us aren’t familiar with the fact that syphilis didn’t exist in Europe until Columbus and other explorers brought it back from North America.
According to an article in Archaeology Magazine, there are several theories pertaining to syphilis’ beginnings but the more prominent at the time suggest a new world origin. It seems the exchange of disease wasn’t as one-sided as previously thought.
Source: Archaeology Magazine