Found this awesome song about PTSD and the Iraq War written by an artist (and Iraq vet) by the name of Aaron Lee Marshall. Check out the music video here on YouTube. The song reminds me of something John Mayer or Jack Johnson would put out. I bought the song on Amazon and have been listening to it all day. Quality tune.
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources sent de facto SWAT teams to the homes of local pig farmers and forced the farmers to kill all of their livestock. The DNR claims the pigs were an “invasive species.” Why they needed body armor and assault rifles for a few hog farmers is beyond me. Unreal.
Full Story: Natural News
Am I the only one that really doesn’t care if some Secret Service agents and military guys got a few prostitutes while in Colombia? It really aggravates me that stupid stories like this continue to make headlines while our country is swirling the drain.
It wasn’t rape. Grown men paid willing adult women to have sex. Had this been in Las Vegas it would be completely legal, yet somehow it’s a news story. I’ve seen politicians do worse and continue to get reelected. It’s sad when non-politicians get caught up in these political games, all so one side of the political spectrum can prove a point. People need to mind their own business and put the pressure on the politicians to focus on the things that really matter.
More info available from Fox News.
What a nightmare. After hosting with Yahoo for over 10 years it was time for a change. I transferred my domain to HostGator, they have a much better setup and Yahoo’s service had given me some problems. The worst being that Yahoo’s tech support said they were escalating and issue with their server and it would be resolved shortly – that was 2 years ago. Everything about the transfer seemed to go smoothly but 2 weeks later Yahoo still hadn’t release my domain to HostGator. What a sorry excuse for a company. No wonder Yahoo is going under.
I’m also doing some computer upgrades. I do most of my work at the office so I’ve neglected my home PC. It had a 5 year old version of Suse Linux, so old it can’t even download updates and software. So I ‘m working on updating it to an recent version of Ubuntu.
“Out with the old, in with the new” as they say.
A lot of this is nothing new, but it’s something that hit close to home for me because it’s local. Basically, a bunch of guys in a Motorcycle Club were cruising down the highway and they were pulled over. Big deal, right? Well this is the thing: not a single arrest or ticket was issued. Multiple police department participated in this action, so it was obviously preplanned, and to top it off the officers were armed with assault rifles. All this for a group of guys that they couldn’t even write a single ticket on.
What was the reason for pulling these motorcyclists over, other than to harass them? This whole militarization of the our civilian police force is concerning. These are American citizens not al-Qaeda. When our police force treats our own people the same as our military treats the enemy we have a serious problem.
- Forty Americans Who Fought With Islamist Militants In Syria Returned Home
- Jason Chaffetz To Critics Of Netanyahu Speech: ‘Get Over It!’ [VIDEO]
- Obama: Netanyahu Speech A ‘Distraction,’ Not ‘Permanently Destructive’ To US/Israel Relationship [VIDEO]
- Operation Nemesis And The Quest For Justice After The Armenian Genocide
- Wisconsin Assembly Hears From Public On Forced Unionization
- Gitmo overseer exerted unlawful influence on tribunals, military judge rules
- Nuclear safety incidents soar 54% at UK’s Clyde sub base & arms depot
- Gazprom supplies of gas to Donbass to be ‘factored out’ of Kiev prepayments
- NY police trained to use new technique to subdue suspects
- Dutch govt says ‘sorry’ for ignoring danger over gas field earthquakes
- Simplicity Linux 15.4 Alpha Screenshot Tour
- OpenELEC 5.0.5 Embedded Linux Distro Now Ready for Download
- Canonical Has a Huge Ubuntu Booth at MWC 2015, Go and Visit Them
- First Image of Meizu MX4 Ubuntu Edition at MWC 2015 Barcelona Revealed
- Ubuntu MATE Donates Money to a Project That Helped Them with Features
A Libertarian Case for Net Neutrality
As a libertarian you may be uneasy with the concept of net neutrality. Like me, you feel inexplicably drawn to this neutrality but feel guilty for it. You think to yourself, “I’m a free-market libertarian, by God! Regulation is wrong! Why is my instinct betraying me?” It’s because we don’t live in perfect world. We live in an economy that is far from free and is infested with government regulations and corporate manipulation. The internet service industry is a picturesque example of this.
The Only Photo of a Revolutionary War Veteran
To the right is a daguerreotype photograph of Conrad Heyer, a Revolutionary War veteran who crossed the Delaware alongside our nation’s first President, George Washington. The daguerreotype was the first type of photograph used, and Heyer was the oldest American to be photographed. This picture was taken in 1852, when Heyer was 103 years old. According to the Maine Historical Society, Heyer was a New England man born in 1749 and the first white child to born in his hometown of Waldoboro, Maine, a German immigrant community. Read more…