Two French civilians say a prayer as they lay flowers on a fallen American soldier near the city of Cerentan in 1944 France. This picture says a lot about the respect and appreciation the allies had for each other, something the axis lacked.
Thanks to Tom Fernandez for posting this cartoon on his blog.
Here’s a picture including every surface mankind has visited as of 2014.
Here’s an artist’s rendition of what California would have looked like from space back in 1851.
- BREAKING. Heads Are Bouncing On the Floor At CNN Headquarters
- Add Susan Collins To List Of Senators Bailing On Senate Obamacare Replacement Bill
- Terrible Ad From Pro-Trump Group Uses Tomi Lahren To Attack Robert Mueller and James Comey
- SCOTUS Travel Ban Ruling Stops Liberal Activists In Their Tracks
- Obamacare Lives: Senate Republicans Want to Punish You For Not Buying Health Insurance
- Flying car? MIT’s new drone can fly, drive & communicate with other drones on its own
- ‘Shadow of death’: Serial killer nurse sentenced to 8 life sentences for murder of elderly patients
- Study links high use of opioid painkillers to mental disorders
- ‘No new bill’ on Russia sanctions, Senate violated procedure – White House
- Packed lunch: Massive, live 20lb lobster discovered in luggage (PHOTO)
- SolydXK 9 Linux Distributions Enter Beta Based on Debian GNU/Linux 9 "Stretch"
- Linux Kernels 4.4.74 LTS and 3.18.58 Fix Memory Leaks and Add More Improvements
- Security-Focused Purism Librem 13 & 15 Linux Laptops Go Mainstream with Qubes OS
- Nuvola Player 4.5 Integrates Progress & Volume Bars in Google Play Music, Deezer
- GStreamer 1.12 Open-Source Multimedia Framework Gets Its First Point Release
A Libertarian Case for Net Neutrality
As a libertarian you may be uneasy with the concept of net neutrality. Like me, you feel inexplicably drawn to this neutrality but feel guilty for it. You think to yourself, “I’m a free-market libertarian, by God! Regulation is wrong! Why is my instinct betraying me?” It’s because we don’t live in perfect world. We live in an economy that is far from free and is infested with government regulations and corporate manipulation. The internet service industry is a picturesque example of this.
The Red Lobster Fallback Plan
[repost img=”http://blog.benspera.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/enhanced-buzz-12859-1388082170-0.jpg” title=”17 Red Lobster Recipes In Case The Seafood Chain Goes Away Forever” desc=”The dying seafood chain is being abandoned by its parent company. Time to drown your sorrows in homemade Cheddar Bay Biscuits and move on to ethically raised seafood.” url=”http://www.buzzfeed.com/emofly/red-lobster-copycat-recipes”]