NASA’s Advanced Propulsion Team Lead Dr. Harold White hooked up with conceptual artist Mark Rademaker and produced some exciting concept art for the warp drive NASA is currently working on. The drive White and his team are working on is a modified version of the theoretical Alcubierre drive. Read more…
Valerie Gatto, the current Miss Pennsylvania, revealed to Philadelphia Daily News writer Jenice Armstrong that she is a child of rape. Gatto said her mother first hinted of this to her when she was just 6 years old, telling her “Something bad happened to me. A very bad man hurt me, but God gave me you.” Because of this, Valerie has made it her life mission to try and teach women how to protect themselves from sexual assault. Read more…
Here are two events where each President went to visit U.S. Marines. The two events are like night and day in the manner that the Marines welcome the two Presidents. President Bush takes the cake here by far.
When the United States Marine Corps loves you that much nothing else really matters.
NASA is currently working on a theoretical propulsion drive which will allow humans to travel not only faster than light, but much faster. Most current proposals offer near light-speed at best, but this idea goes even further, making interstellar travel very feasible within the lifetime of a single human. It is extraordinary in the fact that it will make the universe much smaller, allowing us to reach out and physically touch our celestial neighbors. Read more…
Ten years ago ex-U.S. Marine Corporal Wassef Ali Hassoun walked off Camp Fallujah, Iraq. Hassoun was a reservist from Utah and caused quite a stir in the earlier days of the Iraq War pretending to be a captured POW. It was later found out that he had close family in Fallujah and it was all a ruse. I personally remember this vividly as at the time I was also a Marine two months from deploying to the very base that Hassoun disappeared from. Read more…
- Senator Sasse Warns Against Trump Executive Order To Leave NAFTA
- With New Leadership In Place, House Intel Committee Set To Restart Russia Investigation
- VIDEO: Not Only Is Bill Nye a Fraud, He’s an Extremist and an Enemy of Freedom
- Is the NFL ‘Blackballing’ Colin Kaepernick?
- The White House’s Reaction To The Sanctuary Cities Ruling Is Much As You’d Expect
- US missile shield aims to cover sudden nuclear strike against Russia – General Staff
- FCC to reverse net neutrality, rejects ‘hysterical prophecies of doom’
- Sex scandal in Russian orphanage: Graduate opens up on years of mass pedophile abuse
- Trump administration, Congress reach deals on Obamacare sticking points
- ‘Like being accused of murder while victim is alive’: Orban fights accusations over Soros university
- GNOME 3.26 Desktop Environment to Offer Todoist Integration, Quarter Tiling
- New CloudLinux 7 Beta Linux Kernel Available for Testing, Two Crashes Addressed
- Canonical Releases a Technology Preview of Ubuntu Server 17.04's New Installer
- Mesa 17.1.0 Development Advances, Second RC Hits the Streets with 18 Changes
- Debian Project to Shut Down Its Public FTP Services, Developers Are Not Affected
A Libertarian Case for Net Neutrality
As a libertarian you may be uneasy with the concept of net neutrality. Like me, you feel inexplicably drawn to this neutrality but feel guilty for it. You think to yourself, “I’m a free-market libertarian, by God! Regulation is wrong! Why is my instinct betraying me?” It’s because we don’t live in perfect world. We live in an economy that is far from free and is infested with government regulations and corporate manipulation. The internet service industry is a picturesque example of this.
Why Aliens Have Never Visited Earth
“If an alien in a galaxy 65 million light years away is looking at us through a telescope right now, then they are looking at dinosaurs.”
This is because of the time it takes the photons of light to reach them. If they are 65 million light years away, then they are just now receiving the light reflected and emitted from our planet 65 million years ago. Therefor, they are observing our planet as it existed 65 million years ago. If the alien lived in a galaxy even farther than that, then the alien is observing light and an Earth that existed even further into the past.
…and by the time said aliens finally arrived here (even with their warp drive) we will most likely be extinct and long gone. That’s as far into it as I will get here for now.