NASA’s Advanced Propulsion Team Lead Dr. Harold White hooked up with conceptual artist Mark Rademaker and produced some exciting concept art for the warp drive NASA is currently working on. The drive White and his team are working on is a modified version of the theoretical Alcubierre drive. Read more…
Valerie Gatto, the current Miss Pennsylvania, revealed to Philadelphia Daily News writer Jenice Armstrong that she is a child of rape. Gatto said her mother first hinted of this to her when she was just 6 years old, telling her “Something bad happened to me. A very bad man hurt me, but God gave me you.” Because of this, Valerie has made it her life mission to try and teach women how to protect themselves from sexual assault. Read more…
Here are two events where each President went to visit U.S. Marines. The two events are like night and day in the manner that the Marines welcome the two Presidents. President Bush takes the cake here by far.
When the United States Marine Corps loves you that much nothing else really matters.
NASA is currently working on a theoretical propulsion drive which will allow humans to travel not only faster than light, but much faster. Most current proposals offer near light-speed at best, but this idea goes even further, making interstellar travel very feasible within the lifetime of a single human. It is extraordinary in the fact that it will make the universe much smaller, allowing us to reach out and physically touch our celestial neighbors. Read more…
Ten years ago ex-U.S. Marine Corporal Wassef Ali Hassoun walked off Camp Fallujah, Iraq. Hassoun was a reservist from Utah and caused quite a stir in the earlier days of the Iraq War pretending to be a captured POW. It was later found out that he had close family in Fallujah and it was all a ruse. I personally remember this vividly as at the time I was also a Marine two months from deploying to the very base that Hassoun disappeared from. Read more…
- FBI Agents Allegedly Texted About ‘Secret Society’ The Day After Trump’s Election [VIDEO]
- Report: FBI Director Threatened To Resign Over Pressure To Fire McCabe
- High College Costs Driven By Deceptive Accounting Practices
- Ashley Judd: I Was Willing To Risk Everything ‘Because I Stood Up To Harvey Weinstein’
- Lindsey Graham Refused To Debate Stephen Miller On Tucker’s Show [VIDEO]
- Going in style: Lavish toilet at Russian university causes stir
- Iraqi Kurds ready to support ‘sacred resistance’ against Turkey if ‘allowed’
- 5 missing after gas well explosion in Oklahoma
- Pennsylvania court rules state’s gerrymandered congressional map unconstitutional
- Europe’s ‘concessions’ make Trump less committed to nuclear deal – Tehran
- Canonical Says Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver) Will Come with Boot Speed Boost
- LibreOffice 6.0 Launches January 31 with New Libraries to Export EPUB3 Files
- Linus Torvalds Calls Linux Patch for Intel CPUs "Complete and Utter Garbage"
- Canonical Pulls Intel's Spectre Update from Ubuntu Repos Due to Hardware Issues
- darktable 2.4 Open-Source RAW Image Editor Gets First Point Release
A Libertarian Case for Net Neutrality
As a libertarian you may be uneasy with the concept of net neutrality. Like me, you feel inexplicably drawn to this neutrality but feel guilty for it. You think to yourself, “I’m a free-market libertarian, by God! Regulation is wrong! Why is my instinct betraying me?” It’s because we don’t live in perfect world. We live in an economy that is far from free and is infested with government regulations and corporate manipulation. The internet service industry is a picturesque example of this.
Fbi Allowed Agents to Commit More Crimes in 2012 Than in Previous Year
How can our law enforcement officers say one crime is justified in order to prevent another, and who is it that determines which crime is justified and which is not? Are the victims of both crimes not both equally victims? This type of system creates more injustice than it prevents. It will create more victims, even double victims. Victims once victimized by the crime, and again by the government’s sponsorship of the crime.
What is a victim’s recourse when the crime committed against them is backed by the very agencies who are to prevent it in the first place? These questions are obviously rhetorical as there is no way to justify this insanity.