In a recent article the Washington Examiner quoted Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) as saying “The only thing Putin respects is strength… At this point the Russians are openly laughing at the president.” It’s not just Russia, it seems the entire world is laughing at Obama. The only people with any fear of his regime are American citizens. The increasingly violent police, federal authorities and tyrannical legislation and executive orders leaves my head spinning. Read more…
Gnome 3.12 is due out later this month, but if you want to try it out now on Fedora you can use R Hughes’ COPR repository for a early peek. I’m currently using it and it’s pretty stable. I especially like the new updates to Gnome’s Epiphany browser.
While our country’s self-appointed American monarchs “were on their 23rd vacation or so, the heir to the throne of [Great] Britain and his little brother Harry spent the day on the southwestern coast of England sandbagging a burst wall to protect the property of lowly British citizens. Read more…
This is a truly sad story. Not because of any criminal injustice, but because it’s one of the few cases where there isn’t a clear bad guy in this story. Better decisions could have been made by both parties, but neither were exceptionally malicious. A Kansas City firefighter named Anthony Bruno was out celebrating his cousin’s wedding, when he tried to get a taxi to take his inebriated cousin home the cab driver acted disrespectfully towards Bruno’s wife. Bruno then got physical with the cab driver, but it was soon broken up and the incident seemed to be over. Bruno than walked off and that’s when off-duty KC police officer Donald Hubbard walked up. Hubbard was moonlighting as security for the Hotel’s bar and walked up to see what was going on. Read more…
Despite the fact that it’s a fundamental principle of leadership, taught in NCO and SNCO schools alike, it’s becoming very rare to see senior NCOs and officers stand up for their Marines. The few leaders in possession of a certain level of “testicular fortitude” (e.g. Gen. Mattis) seem to be being shown the door en masse recently. That’s why I needed to give a nod of respect to Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps Micheal Barrett, who spoke his mind to Congress at a recent congressional hearing focused on cutting funding to military commissaries. The senior enlisted of three other U.S. military branches were also present at the hearing, however, the Coast Gaurd’s was not present. Read more…
- Dem Leader Dodges Questions About Busted IT Employee
- Canada Lobbies Trump Country In Fight To Preserve NAFTA
- One Year Later, Journalists Exposed By WikiLeaks Carry On As Before
- ‘Big Polluter’ DiCaprio Hypes Gore’s New Film On Climate Change
- Trump Dossier Firm Are ‘Highly Paid Smear Experts,’ Human Rights Activist Will Tell Senate
- BREAKING: Steve Scalise Update – The News Is Good
- HLN Picks Up Conservatives for New Program
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham Slams Trump’s Weakness in Sessions Twitter Attacks
- While President Trump Continues to Attack, Support for AG Jeff Sessions Grows
- BREAKING. President Trump Announces Ban on Transgender in Military
- Acid attack victims 'screamed in agony' while skin 'peeled off' - witnesses
- California independence 1 step closer as AG paves way for potential 2018 ‘referendum’
- German business lobby urges EU action against new US sanctions on Russia
- Iran will ‘strengthen defensive weapons’ in response to US sanctions – Rouhani
- Israel pushing Palestinians to violence with Temple Mount blockade & settler crimes – US State Dept.
- FreeBSD 11.1 Operating System Debuts to Support 2nd Generation Microsoft Hyper-V
- It's Now Possible to Install the Linux 4.13 RC2 Kernel on Your Slackware Distro
- Valve's Latest SteamOS Beta Comes with Flatpak Support, Linux Kernel 4.11.12
- KDE Developers Envision KDE Plasma as a Durable, Usable, and Elegant Desktop UI
- Wine Staging 2.13 Has Performance Improvements for Grand Theft Auto V, Crysis 3
A Libertarian Case for Net Neutrality
As a libertarian you may be uneasy with the concept of net neutrality. Like me, you feel inexplicably drawn to this neutrality but feel guilty for it. You think to yourself, “I’m a free-market libertarian, by God! Regulation is wrong! Why is my instinct betraying me?” It’s because we don’t live in perfect world. We live in an economy that is far from free and is infested with government regulations and corporate manipulation. The internet service industry is a picturesque example of this.
Lifehack: Organize Your Computer Cables
This is a cool little trick to keep all your computer cables organized and within reach. Using your everyday binder clips, available at any office supply store, you can keep all your cables organized and within arms reach for when you need them. No more digging through the rats next under your desk or trying to remember what drawer you stuffed them in.