In a recent article the Washington Examiner quoted Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) as saying “The only thing Putin respects is strength… At this point the Russians are openly laughing at the president.” It’s not just Russia, it seems the entire world is laughing at Obama. The only people with any fear of his regime are American citizens. The increasingly violent police, federal authorities and tyrannical legislation and executive orders leaves my head spinning. Read more…
While our country’s self-appointed American monarchs “were on their 23rd vacation or so, the heir to the throne of [Great] Britain and his little brother Harry spent the day on the southwestern coast of England sandbagging a burst wall to protect the property of lowly British citizens. Read more…
Despite the fact that it’s a fundamental principle of leadership, taught in NCO and SNCO schools alike, it’s becoming very rare to see senior NCOs and officers stand up for their Marines. The few leaders in possession of a certain level of “testicular fortitude” (e.g. Gen. Mattis) seem to be being shown the door en masse recently. That’s why I needed to give a nod of respect to Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps Micheal Barrett, who spoke his mind to Congress at a recent congressional hearing focused on cutting funding to military commissaries. The senior enlisted of three other U.S. military branches were also present at the hearing, however, the Coast Gaurd’s was not present. Read more…
I experienced escalating ridiculousness of the rules of engagement between my two deployments to Iraq in 2004 and 2006. I can only imagine how asinine they have become at this point. When the inanimate property of foreign individuals is of more importance to our government than the lives of our servicemen, we have a serious corruption of priorities. When calls for artillery from our men are denied due to the possibility of collateral damage to civilian property, we have a problem. Read more…
A great idea out of Tennessee that didn’t make it past state legislators. A bill from 2006 would have required towns that generates more than half of its revenue from speeding tickets to use blue-colored speed limit signage. The motivation behind this bill was certain towns that intentionally lower speed limits to unreasonably low levels in order to generate more revenue from speeding tickets. This undermines the purpose of speed limits, which is supposed to be for public safety, not government revenue. But we all know how that goes.
Source: Knox News
- NASA's Kepler-Mission Scientists' Insights and Comments on Discovery of 1st Earth-Sized Planet in Habitable Zone
- Epic Discovery! NASA Announces First Earth-Size Planet Found That Could Support Life
- "Getting Closer and Closer" --Kepler Mission Findings Reveal Alien Star Systems in a Milky Way Teeming with Planets
- New Kepler-Mission Discovery Livestreamed by NASA Today 2 PM EDT --Is It a Twin Earth?
- Diverging Evolution of Early Earth and Mars Revealed by Meteorites
- Espionage fears delaying Israeli visa exemption – report
- Turkey’s Erdogan challenges constitutional court that lifted social media ban
- Crimean prosecutor music clip hits 3.7 mn views in three days
- US drone pilots are 'exhausted' and 'demoralized' – official report
- Captain of S. Korean ferry arrested - report
- KDE Applications and Platform 4.13 Has Faster and Better Search Results
- Remember, Ubuntu Touch Apps and Unity 8 Are Available for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- “Mover” Wants to Help Ubuntu One Users Move Their Files for Free
- QEMU 2.0 Open Source Virtualization Software Features Support for Lots of New Devices
- Mythbuntu 14.04 LTS Arrives with a Small Delay
Ron Paul Launches Snowden Clemency Petition
Former U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) has launched a petition to grant NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden clemency so he may return home. Russia had granted him amnesty for a term of 1 year, but this amnesty runs out in in 5 months, at the end of July. Paul said of Snowden “[He] sacrificed his livelihood, citizenship, and freedom by exposing the disturbing scope of the NSA’s worldwide spying program. Thanks to one man’s courageous actions, Americans know about the truly egregious ways their government is spying on them.” Edward wants to return to his home but needs some degree of assurance that he won’t be persecuted. Read more…
The Top 10 Richest Members of Congress
Personally, ranking the wealthiest members of Congress feels like splitting hairs, but at the same time, it does prove a point. There is no shortage of millionaires among our elected representatives, and despite the fact that Republicans are labeled as the wealthy man’s party, they are actually slightly outnumbered by Democrats when it comes to wealth.
How do these public servants amass so much wealth on a measly public servant’s salary of $174,000 per year. They must moonlight as magicians as well.
Source: Yahoo News