Reason Magazine published an article last week reviewing all of President Obama’s failures before U.S. courts. It’s an impressively extensive list for a man who claims to be an expert on American constitutional law. Many of his administration’s arguments fail to persuade even the most liberal judges, including those appointed by his own administration. He can’t even get the support of many judges he put on the bench. Now, that shows you just how ridiculous many of his administration’s positions really are.
Reason Magazine has a great article about the government’s tactic of pre-eminently freezing a defendant’s assets. This takes away any means a defendant has of funding their defense. The article spotlights a couple who have challenged this tactic in court.
- FBI Agents Allegedly Texted About ‘Secret Society’ The Day After Trump’s Election [VIDEO]
- Report: FBI Director Threatened To Resign Over Pressure To Fire McCabe
- High College Costs Driven By Deceptive Accounting Practices
- Ashley Judd: I Was Willing To Risk Everything ‘Because I Stood Up To Harvey Weinstein’
- Lindsey Graham Refused To Debate Stephen Miller On Tucker’s Show [VIDEO]
- Going in style: Lavish toilet at Russian university causes stir
- Iraqi Kurds ready to support ‘sacred resistance’ against Turkey if ‘allowed’
- 5 missing after gas well explosion in Oklahoma
- Pennsylvania court rules state’s gerrymandered congressional map unconstitutional
- Europe’s ‘concessions’ make Trump less committed to nuclear deal – Tehran
- Canonical Says Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver) Will Come with Boot Speed Boost
- LibreOffice 6.0 Launches January 31 with New Libraries to Export EPUB3 Files
- Linus Torvalds Calls Linux Patch for Intel CPUs "Complete and Utter Garbage"
- Canonical Pulls Intel's Spectre Update from Ubuntu Repos Due to Hardware Issues
- darktable 2.4 Open-Source RAW Image Editor Gets First Point Release
A Libertarian Case for Net Neutrality
As a libertarian you may be uneasy with the concept of net neutrality. Like me, you feel inexplicably drawn to this neutrality but feel guilty for it. You think to yourself, “I’m a free-market libertarian, by God! Regulation is wrong! Why is my instinct betraying me?” It’s because we don’t live in perfect world. We live in an economy that is far from free and is infested with government regulations and corporate manipulation. The internet service industry is a picturesque example of this.
Romney Supporters’ Changed Tune
After months of vile, hateful attacks from Romney supporters during the primary, they have turned on a dime and now expect us to come filing in behind the party’s “official” candidate. Not this guy. I’m not voting for Romney because it solves nothing. We need to fix this country, and voting for an individual only because he won’t do AS MUCH damage just seem ludicrous to me. I’m not voting for anyone who’s going to do more damage PERIOD. I’m voting with my conscience not some underhanded political scheme to drag this economical crash out as long as possible. In my opinion, I think we should just get it over with, and start rebuilding already. Read more…