Reason Magazine published an article last week reviewing all of President Obama’s failures before U.S. courts. It’s an impressively extensive list for a man who claims to be an expert on American constitutional law. Many of his administration’s arguments fail to persuade even the most liberal judges, including those appointed by his own administration. He can’t even get the support of many judges he put on the bench. Now, that shows you just how ridiculous many of his administration’s positions really are.
Reason Magazine has a great article about the government’s tactic of pre-eminently freezing a defendant’s assets. This takes away any means a defendant has of funding their defense. The article spotlights a couple who have challenged this tactic in court.
- WATCH: Black Lives Matter Invited on MAGA Rally Stage
- Watch: Are Some Cultures Better Than Others?
- Climate Change Not So Threatening to the Planet After All According to New Study
- Promoting His New Show, Mike Huckabee Reveals the Big Con Pulled on Evangelicals
- President Trump Slams North Korea and Iran in United Nations Speech
- Powerful earthquake shakes Mexico City - reports
- Defender to contender: Ex-England & Man United footballer to become pro boxer at 38
- Asylum seeker ‘frustrated at slow access to cash’ set bank on fire in alleged arson attack (VIDEOS)
- Crew likely inside ‘virtually intact’ WWI German U-boat found off Belgian coast (VIDEOS)
- Faked Grenfell victims likely inflated suspected death toll – Met Police
- Firefox, Thunderbird and VLC Are the Most Popular Apps Among Ubuntu Users
- Ethical Hacking Distro Parrot Security Gets ZFS Support, It's Based on Debian 10
- Linus Torvalds Kicks Off Development of Linux Kernel 4.14, the Next LTS Release
- VirtualBox 5.2 to Let Users Enable or Disable Audio Input and Output On-the-Fly
- Linux Mint 18.3 to Be Dubbed "Sylvia," Enables HiDPI by Default in Cinnamon 3.6
A Libertarian Case for Net Neutrality
As a libertarian you may be uneasy with the concept of net neutrality. Like me, you feel inexplicably drawn to this neutrality but feel guilty for it. You think to yourself, “I’m a free-market libertarian, by God! Regulation is wrong! Why is my instinct betraying me?” It’s because we don’t live in perfect world. We live in an economy that is far from free and is infested with government regulations and corporate manipulation. The internet service industry is a picturesque example of this.
Wyoming Man Killed Bear with His Bare Hands and Teeth
World famous hunter and hunting guide C. Dale Peterson of Jackson Hole, WY is one of only two men known to have killed a Grizzly Bear without the help of modern weaponry. His kill was verified by game biologists. Mr Peterson killed this irate bear with nothing but his bare hands and his teeth.
The plaque mounted next to the unlucky bear reads:
“This bear was taken by World Famous Hunter and Hunting Guide C. Dale Peterson of Jackson Hole, Wy. It is one of only two Grizzlies know to have been killed ‘without’ the use of modern weaponry.
Verified by Game Biologists, My. Peterson killed this bear with his hands, and oddly enough, his teeth. It is known that this bear had been aggravated by a group of backpackers, shortly after Peterson, unaware of the previous happenings, came upon the bear. A fight-to-the-death ensued. Peterson, having his right hand and arm wedged in the bear’s throat, actually used his own teeth and jaws to pinch off the bear’s jugular vein. When the bear passed out from lack of blood flow to the brain, Peterson beat the bear upon the head with a stick.”
Source: The Plaque