Here’s a very interesting and informative article about blood types (e.g. A, B, AB, O, etc) that does a really good job explaining the science behind ABO blood types. Author Carl Zimmer gives a brief history of the discovery of human blood types, including many draconian experiments such as transfusing animal blood and even milk into humans. These growing pains killed a lot of people before science began to get a grasp on how our blood actually works. Scientists and physicians readily admit they still don’t truly understand our blood types, their purpose or why they evolved, but we are finding patterns, disease susceptibilities and resistances, and other quirks inherited by different types of blood. Read more…
Another blow to the credibility of conspiracy theorists claims of the existence of the elusive Bigfoot has come from a prestigious university across the Atlantic. Oxford University’s Bryan Sykes, professor of human genetics and expert in ancient human DNA, gathered dozens of fur and hair samples from cryptozoologists from around the world. It took the geneticist over a year to acquire 36 hair samples from as far away as Bhutan, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Russia and the US. Read more…
Socotra island is an isolated freak show of biodiversity located 220 miles off of the coast of Yemen and 150 miles from the Horn of Africa. One third of the plant life found on Socotra is exclusive to remote island and many of the animals also can’t be found anywhere else on the planet. Bat’s are the only mammal native to the island. The island is believed by many to be the location of the fabled Garden of Eden due to it’s location and similarities to the ancient Sumerian tales of the paradise of Dilmun. Read more…
French chemist Antoine Lavoisier was sentenced to death by guillotine in 1794 France. This was a time when the French were very partial to their bladed contraption of death. Lavoisier is credited in part with creation of the Metric system and the periodic table. As his last contribution to science, he promised to attempt to blink his eyes for as long as consciously possible after being beheaded by the guillotine. Different sources put his postmortem blinking to as long as 30 seconds. A record that very few will attempt to challenge.
Source: Beachcombing’s Bizarre History
According to Dr. Neil E. Whitehead, PhD, homosexuals aren’t born with their sexual orientation, but they don’t choose it either – they discover it. Six studies were performed over an 11-year-span regarding the relationship between a person’s genes and their sexual orientation. Dr. Whitehead has a PhD in biochemistry and has been employed as a scientist by the government of New Zealand (for over 20 years) and the United Nations, but currently works as a scientific research consultant. His studies analyzed same-sex orientation among identical twins. This is because identical twins share the exact same genetic code (e.g. DNA). Read more…
- Dem Leader Dodges Questions About Busted IT Employee
- Canada Lobbies Trump Country In Fight To Preserve NAFTA
- One Year Later, Journalists Exposed By WikiLeaks Carry On As Before
- ‘Big Polluter’ DiCaprio Hypes Gore’s New Film On Climate Change
- Trump Dossier Firm Are ‘Highly Paid Smear Experts,’ Human Rights Activist Will Tell Senate
- BREAKING: Steve Scalise Update – The News Is Good
- HLN Picks Up Conservatives for New Program
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham Slams Trump’s Weakness in Sessions Twitter Attacks
- While President Trump Continues to Attack, Support for AG Jeff Sessions Grows
- BREAKING. President Trump Announces Ban on Transgender in Military
- Acid attack victims 'screamed in agony' while skin 'peeled off' - witnesses
- California independence 1 step closer as AG paves way for potential 2018 ‘referendum’
- German business lobby urges EU action against new US sanctions on Russia
- Iran will ‘strengthen defensive weapons’ in response to US sanctions – Rouhani
- Israel pushing Palestinians to violence with Temple Mount blockade & settler crimes – US State Dept.
- FreeBSD 11.1 Operating System Debuts to Support 2nd Generation Microsoft Hyper-V
- It's Now Possible to Install the Linux 4.13 RC2 Kernel on Your Slackware Distro
- Valve's Latest SteamOS Beta Comes with Flatpak Support, Linux Kernel 4.11.12
- KDE Developers Envision KDE Plasma as a Durable, Usable, and Elegant Desktop UI
- Wine Staging 2.13 Has Performance Improvements for Grand Theft Auto V, Crysis 3
A Libertarian Case for Net Neutrality
As a libertarian you may be uneasy with the concept of net neutrality. Like me, you feel inexplicably drawn to this neutrality but feel guilty for it. You think to yourself, “I’m a free-market libertarian, by God! Regulation is wrong! Why is my instinct betraying me?” It’s because we don’t live in perfect world. We live in an economy that is far from free and is infested with government regulations and corporate manipulation. The internet service industry is a picturesque example of this.
Marine Corps Generals Openly Turning Against Obama
In an unprecedented act of open criticism of a sitting President, two 4-star Generals have publicly blasted President Obama’s policies. Several weeks ago Marine Corps General John Kelly, commander of U.S. Southern Command, first spoke out about the President’s border crisis, and now the Marine Corps top commander, Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps Commandant, publicly ridiculed President Obama’s handling of Iraq and the subsequent mess that ensued.