Here’s a very interesting and informative article about blood types (e.g. A, B, AB, O, etc) that does a really good job explaining the science behind ABO blood types. Author Carl Zimmer gives a brief history of the discovery of human blood types, including many draconian experiments such as transfusing animal blood and even milk into humans. These growing pains killed a lot of people before science began to get a grasp on how our blood actually works. Scientists and physicians readily admit they still don’t truly understand our blood types, their purpose or why they evolved, but we are finding patterns, disease susceptibilities and resistances, and other quirks inherited by different types of blood. Read more…
Another blow to the credibility of conspiracy theorists claims of the existence of the elusive Bigfoot has come from a prestigious university across the Atlantic. Oxford University’s Bryan Sykes, professor of human genetics and expert in ancient human DNA, gathered dozens of fur and hair samples from cryptozoologists from around the world. It took the geneticist over a year to acquire 36 hair samples from as far away as Bhutan, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Russia and the US. Read more…
According to Dr. Neil E. Whitehead, PhD, homosexuals aren’t born with their sexual orientation, but they don’t choose it either – they discover it. Six studies were performed over an 11-year-span regarding the relationship between a person’s genes and their sexual orientation. Dr. Whitehead has a PhD in biochemistry and has been employed as a scientist by the government of New Zealand (for over 20 years) and the United Nations, but currently works as a scientific research consultant. His studies analyzed same-sex orientation among identical twins. This is because identical twins share the exact same genetic code (e.g. DNA). Read more…
- WATCH: Black Lives Matter Invited on MAGA Rally Stage
- Watch: Are Some Cultures Better Than Others?
- Climate Change Not So Threatening to the Planet After All According to New Study
- Promoting His New Show, Mike Huckabee Reveals the Big Con Pulled on Evangelicals
- President Trump Slams North Korea and Iran in United Nations Speech
- Powerful earthquake shakes Mexico City - reports
- Defender to contender: Ex-England & Man United footballer to become pro boxer at 38
- Asylum seeker ‘frustrated at slow access to cash’ set bank on fire in alleged arson attack (VIDEOS)
- Crew likely inside ‘virtually intact’ WWI German U-boat found off Belgian coast (VIDEOS)
- Faked Grenfell victims likely inflated suspected death toll – Met Police
- Firefox, Thunderbird and VLC Are the Most Popular Apps Among Ubuntu Users
- Ethical Hacking Distro Parrot Security Gets ZFS Support, It's Based on Debian 10
- Linus Torvalds Kicks Off Development of Linux Kernel 4.14, the Next LTS Release
- VirtualBox 5.2 to Let Users Enable or Disable Audio Input and Output On-the-Fly
- Linux Mint 18.3 to Be Dubbed "Sylvia," Enables HiDPI by Default in Cinnamon 3.6
A Libertarian Case for Net Neutrality
As a libertarian you may be uneasy with the concept of net neutrality. Like me, you feel inexplicably drawn to this neutrality but feel guilty for it. You think to yourself, “I’m a free-market libertarian, by God! Regulation is wrong! Why is my instinct betraying me?” It’s because we don’t live in perfect world. We live in an economy that is far from free and is infested with government regulations and corporate manipulation. The internet service industry is a picturesque example of this.
Man Charged for Opening Fire on Armed Shoplifters
An Arizona couple was being pursued by a Sears loss prevention officer after shoplifting a power drill. When the couple was confronted at the exit, Ms. Hough pulled a toy firearm, with the orange cap painted black to conceal it, on the Sears employee.
Nearby, 61-year-old Mervin Brewer, a former U.S. Marine, took notice. Brewer says his wife was coming out of the same exit so he opened fire. Brewer fired 4 rounds, none of which hit the couple. Ms. Hough soon realized that there were real guns involved, dropped the toy gun and they both fled on a motorcycle. Read more…