In a recent article the Washington Examiner quoted Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) as saying “The only thing Putin respects is strength… At this point the Russians are openly laughing at the president.” It’s not just Russia, it seems the entire world is laughing at Obama. The only people with any fear of his regime are American citizens. The increasingly violent police, federal authorities and tyrannical legislation and executive orders leaves my head spinning. Read more…
Gnome 3.12 is due out later this month, but if you want to try it out now on Fedora you can use R Hughes’ COPR repository for a early peek. I’m currently using it and it’s pretty stable. I especially like the new updates to Gnome’s Epiphany browser.
- Senator Sasse Warns Against Trump Executive Order To Leave NAFTA
- With New Leadership In Place, House Intel Committee Set To Restart Russia Investigation
- VIDEO: Not Only Is Bill Nye a Fraud, He’s an Extremist and an Enemy of Freedom
- Is the NFL ‘Blackballing’ Colin Kaepernick?
- The White House’s Reaction To The Sanctuary Cities Ruling Is Much As You’d Expect
- US missile shield aims to cover sudden nuclear strike against Russia – General Staff
- FCC to reverse net neutrality, rejects ‘hysterical prophecies of doom’
- Sex scandal in Russian orphanage: Graduate opens up on years of mass pedophile abuse
- Trump administration, Congress reach deals on Obamacare sticking points
- ‘Like being accused of murder while victim is alive’: Orban fights accusations over Soros university
- GNOME 3.26 Desktop Environment to Offer Todoist Integration, Quarter Tiling
- New CloudLinux 7 Beta Linux Kernel Available for Testing, Two Crashes Addressed
- Canonical Releases a Technology Preview of Ubuntu Server 17.04's New Installer
- Mesa 17.1.0 Development Advances, Second RC Hits the Streets with 18 Changes
- Debian Project to Shut Down Its Public FTP Services, Developers Are Not Affected
A Libertarian Case for Net Neutrality
As a libertarian you may be uneasy with the concept of net neutrality. Like me, you feel inexplicably drawn to this neutrality but feel guilty for it. You think to yourself, “I’m a free-market libertarian, by God! Regulation is wrong! Why is my instinct betraying me?” It’s because we don’t live in perfect world. We live in an economy that is far from free and is infested with government regulations and corporate manipulation. The internet service industry is a picturesque example of this.
Teddy Roosevelt’s Bar Fight with a Bully
President Teddy Roosevelt has a reputation for being a tough guy, but here’s a story a bit more personal than the common tale of his days leading the Rough Riders. The best part of this story is that it’s in the President’s own words. It really does justice to the fair but tough man that Roosevelt was.
Take note that Roosevelt makes it clear that he really didn’t want this confrontation, but lacked any alternatives at the time. He also didn’t fall in with the other patrons who submitted to the bully and allow him to continue his shenanigans. He even let a few of the bully’s jibes slide until he stood up. Great story. Read more…