In a recent article the Washington Examiner quoted Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) as saying “The only thing Putin respects is strength… At this point the Russians are openly laughing at the president.” It’s not just Russia, it seems the entire world is laughing at Obama. The only people with any fear of his regime are American citizens. The increasingly violent police, federal authorities and tyrannical legislation and executive orders leaves my head spinning. Read more…
Gnome 3.12 is due out later this month, but if you want to try it out now on Fedora you can use R Hughes’ COPR repository for a early peek. I’m currently using it and it’s pretty stable. I especially like the new updates to Gnome’s Epiphany browser.
- Meghan McCain Blasts Congresswomen And Panel For ‘Politicizing Military Deaths’ [VIDEO]
- Eric Holder: Gold Star Families ‘Should Not Necessarily Feel Offended’ By Players Kneeling [VIDEO]
- Tucker: Real ‘Russia Scandal’ In The Clinton Foundation [VIDEO]
- States Are Trying To Stop Trump’s Interior Dept From Easing Regs On Oil, Gas and Coal
- Campaign Aides For Jeff Flake’s Primary Challenger Apologize Profusely For Ever Supporting Her
- The Dirty Little Asterisk to Trump’s Nominations Swipe: Crony Obstructionism
- Judge Denied Restraining Order Against Gunman Who Shot Five People in Maryland Today
- Fusion GPS Takes the Fifth
- OUCH: Bill O’Reilly’s Twitter Bomb Backfires SO BAD!
- Virginia Democrat Gubernatorial Candidate Quietly Boots His Black Running Mate From Literature
- Quebec bans face veils in public sector, including on transport, in schools & hospitals
- US blames Myanmar military for humanitarian crisis, lawmakers push for sanctions
- Stolen Dali painting, thought to be 1954 original, seized in Lebanon
- 1,000s protest Somalia's deadliest attack, reportedly staged in revenge for govt & US joint raid
- ‘Uncharted waters’: Judge questions reasoning behind Trump Emoluments lawsuit
- VirtualBox 5.2 Debuts Officially with Support for Exporting VMs to Oracle Cloud
- Ubuntu 17.10 Launches Tomorrow with GNOME 3.26, but You Can Still Use Unity
- GNOME 3.28 Desktop Will Add Google Safe Browsing Support to Epiphany Web Browser
- KDE Applications 17.12 GNU/Linux Software Stack Set to Arrive on December 14
- X.Org Server Security Vulnerability Patched in Ubuntu 17.04, 16.04 and 14.04 LTS
A Libertarian Case for Net Neutrality
As a libertarian you may be uneasy with the concept of net neutrality. Like me, you feel inexplicably drawn to this neutrality but feel guilty for it. You think to yourself, “I’m a free-market libertarian, by God! Regulation is wrong! Why is my instinct betraying me?” It’s because we don’t live in perfect world. We live in an economy that is far from free and is infested with government regulations and corporate manipulation. The internet service industry is a picturesque example of this.
Compare Congress’ Effectiveness with Numbers
Very few will argue Congress’ obvious ineffectiveness. But an interesting piece of data shows how ridiculous it has gotten. In 1790 there were 105 congressman representing a little over 3.5 million Americans. That gave a ratio of 1 representative for every 34,000 Americans. Today we have 435 representatives for almost 222 million Americans, an effective ratio of 1 for every 725,000 Americans. Quite a discrepancy.
Let’s look at those numbers again 1:34,000 vs 1:725,000. Keep that in mind next time it seems like your representative is completely indifferent to what you expect of him/her.
Source: Library of Alexandria