America, land of the free (while supplies last).
Here are two events where each President went to visit U.S. Marines. The two events are like night and day in the manner that the Marines welcome the two Presidents. President Bush takes the cake here by far.
When the United States Marine Corps loves you that much nothing else really matters.
Take a moment and ask yourself, “Do my jeans make me feel safe?” Unless they’re action jeans, the answer is “NO.”
Putin has been testing how far he can push Obama lately. Honestly, it’s getting pretty ridiculous.
NASA is currently working on a theoretical propulsion drive which will allow humans to travel not only faster than light, but much faster. Most current proposals offer near light-speed at best, but this idea goes even further, making interstellar travel very feasible within the lifetime of a single human. It is extraordinary in the fact that it will make the universe much smaller, allowing us to reach out and physically touch our celestial neighbors. Read more…
- A Definitive Collection Of Creepy Al Franken Photos Groping Women
- US Recovers Additional Remains Of Sgt. Johnson In Niger
- NYT Oped: Charles Manson Was A Far Right Wing Idealogue
- REPORT: State Department Officials Claim Tillerson Breached US Law On Child Soldiers
- Charlie Rose’s Coworkers: We Won’t Give Him A Pass [VIDEO]
- ATTENTION: Making Death Threats in Defense of Politicians Is NOT Our America
- What Is The Threshold For Sexual Misconduct By Politicians? Did Rep. John Conyers Break It?
- There’s A Very Simple Reason We See So Much Sexual Harassment Today
- First-year Judicial Nominations on Pace to Overtake Reagan
- “Progressives” Surprised to Find Women Are Attracted to Manly or Well-Off Men
- Czech President Zeman to Putin: Russia ‘10 times more important’ than France, time to lift sanctions
- ‘Modern censorship: Google decides RT is propaganda, yet millions disagree’
- ‘Blinding’ Israel’s defense? Turkish media says Ankara could disable US radar over F-35 deal threat
- Mugabe resigns as Zimbabwe president in letter to parliament - speaker (VIDEOS)
- Bombing in contested Iraqi town kills 32 people – officials
- Linux Kernel 4.14 Now Ready for Mass Deployment as First Point Release Arrives
- LibreOffice 6.0 Beta to Arrive by Week's End for Second Bug Hunting Session
- LibreELEC Embedded Linux OS Now Compatible with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
- Canonical Releases Major Kernel Update for Ubuntu 16.04 to Fix 13 Security Flaws
- SparkyLinux 4.7 "Tyche" Out Now with Latest Debian GNU/Linux 9 "Stretch" Updates
A Libertarian Case for Net Neutrality
As a libertarian you may be uneasy with the concept of net neutrality. Like me, you feel inexplicably drawn to this neutrality but feel guilty for it. You think to yourself, “I’m a free-market libertarian, by God! Regulation is wrong! Why is my instinct betraying me?” It’s because we don’t live in perfect world. We live in an economy that is far from free and is infested with government regulations and corporate manipulation. The internet service industry is a picturesque example of this.
Kansas City Police Officer Kills Firefighter
This is a truly sad story. Not because of any criminal injustice, but because it’s one of the few cases where there isn’t a clear bad guy in this story. Better decisions could have been made by both parties, but neither were exceptionally malicious. A Kansas City firefighter named Anthony Bruno was out celebrating his cousin’s wedding, when he tried to get a taxi to take his inebriated cousin home the cab driver acted disrespectfully towards Bruno’s wife. Bruno then got physical with the cab driver, but it was soon broken up and the incident seemed to be over. Bruno than walked off and that’s when off-duty KC police officer Donald Hubbard walked up. Hubbard was moonlighting as security for the Hotel’s bar and walked up to see what was going on. Read more…