James Stockdale, then a Commander with the US Navy, was captured by communist forces after ejecting from his disabled jet over North Vietnam. To prevent his captors from using him as propaganda he cut his scalp with razors and beat his face with a stool until he was unrecognizable. During his entire 7 1/2 year captivity he never lost faith, he continued to be a leader and primary organizer of resistance among his fellow POWs. When he was captured with information that could implicate his fellow American POWs, he slit he own wrists so he couldn’t be tortured into revealing his brothers. Read more…
Many Americans may not know that throughout WWII, Korea, Vietnam and almost every military conflict, we aren’t always able to locate and identify our veterans’ remains. A promise commonly repeated in the Marines was “we never leave a Marine behind,” this slogan is commonly repeated throughout the entire U.S. military. Every man and woman who gives their life defending their country deserves a proper funeral and to be buried in the country they so loved. That is why the Department of Defense established the Defense Prisoner of War/Missing Personnel Office. With over 88,000 Americans missing from World War II, the Korean War, the Cold War, the Vietnam War and the 1991 Gulf War they have their work cut out for them.
I stumbled on their website: http://www.dtic.mil/dpmo/. Very interesting and sobering website which includes a list of those recently identified and brought home, as well as those still unidentified. I recommend everyone take a look.
- Dem Leader Dodges Questions About Busted IT Employee
- Canada Lobbies Trump Country In Fight To Preserve NAFTA
- One Year Later, Journalists Exposed By WikiLeaks Carry On As Before
- ‘Big Polluter’ DiCaprio Hypes Gore’s New Film On Climate Change
- Trump Dossier Firm Are ‘Highly Paid Smear Experts,’ Human Rights Activist Will Tell Senate
- BREAKING: Steve Scalise Update – The News Is Good
- HLN Picks Up Conservatives for New Program
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham Slams Trump’s Weakness in Sessions Twitter Attacks
- While President Trump Continues to Attack, Support for AG Jeff Sessions Grows
- BREAKING. President Trump Announces Ban on Transgender in Military
- Acid attack victims 'screamed in agony' while skin 'peeled off' - witnesses
- California independence 1 step closer as AG paves way for potential 2018 ‘referendum’
- German business lobby urges EU action against new US sanctions on Russia
- Iran will ‘strengthen defensive weapons’ in response to US sanctions – Rouhani
- Israel pushing Palestinians to violence with Temple Mount blockade & settler crimes – US State Dept.
- FreeBSD 11.1 Operating System Debuts to Support 2nd Generation Microsoft Hyper-V
- It's Now Possible to Install the Linux 4.13 RC2 Kernel on Your Slackware Distro
- Valve's Latest SteamOS Beta Comes with Flatpak Support, Linux Kernel 4.11.12
- KDE Developers Envision KDE Plasma as a Durable, Usable, and Elegant Desktop UI
- Wine Staging 2.13 Has Performance Improvements for Grand Theft Auto V, Crysis 3
A Libertarian Case for Net Neutrality
As a libertarian you may be uneasy with the concept of net neutrality. Like me, you feel inexplicably drawn to this neutrality but feel guilty for it. You think to yourself, “I’m a free-market libertarian, by God! Regulation is wrong! Why is my instinct betraying me?” It’s because we don’t live in perfect world. We live in an economy that is far from free and is infested with government regulations and corporate manipulation. The internet service industry is a picturesque example of this.
Nsa Slayer Goes on Obama Impeachment Hunt
[repost img=”http://blog.benspera.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/klayman.jpeg” title=”NSA slayer goes on Obama impeachment hunt” desc=”Fresh from winning a restraining order against the National Security Agency’s telephone surveillance, attorney Larry Klayman declared that the misdeeds of Richard Nixon, who resigned in disgrace, pale in comparison to President Obama’s.” url=”http://www.dailypaul.com/308176/nsa-slayer-goes-on-obama-impeachment-hunt”]