As simple as this logic seems, most Americans still seem to think that forfeiting their liberties will secure their safety.
After months of vile, hateful attacks from Romney supporters during the primary, they have turned on a dime and now expect us to come filing in behind the party’s “official” candidate. Not this guy. I’m not voting for Romney because it solves nothing. We need to fix this country, and voting for an individual only because he won’t do AS MUCH damage just seem ludicrous to me. I’m not voting for anyone who’s going to do more damage PERIOD. I’m voting with my conscience not some underhanded political scheme to drag this economical crash out as long as possible. In my opinion, I think we should just get it over with, and start rebuilding already. Read more…
I originally discovered Ron Paul during his 2008 run, and voted for him in both primaries. Although I voted for Libertarian Bob Barr in the 2008 general election, I wasn’t very enthusiastic about him. He seemed like a former GOP insider that turned Libertarian only because he wasn’t getting the attention he wanted within his original party. This year is different.
I’ve heard Gary Johnson’s name mentioned countless times within Ron Paul circles and online forums but never actually gave him much thought. I figured he was another Paul Ryan, gave true libertarian ideology nothing more than lip service. And like the many Paul Ryans out there they tout their constitutional principles and fiscal conservatism on the campaign trail, and that’s where it stops. Gary Johnson is not another Paul Ryan. I got bored one day and just started watching some YouTube videos about Johnson and I am hooked. Read more…
It’s no secret that the GOP brass isn’t particularly fond of Congressman Paul. Even with Paul accumulating an impressive 6 states and almost 300 delegates by some counts, the GOP and Romney campaign have yet to even offer him an invitation to the Republican National Convention in Tampa. But Ron Paul doesn’t need your stupid convention because he’s having his own damn convention. Apparently it will kick off just before the GOP’s does and will be located in Tampa as well. If you want more details on Paul’s Tampa Rally check out his official announcement available on his website.
- FBI Agents Allegedly Texted About ‘Secret Society’ The Day After Trump’s Election [VIDEO]
- Report: FBI Director Threatened To Resign Over Pressure To Fire McCabe
- High College Costs Driven By Deceptive Accounting Practices
- Ashley Judd: I Was Willing To Risk Everything ‘Because I Stood Up To Harvey Weinstein’
- Lindsey Graham Refused To Debate Stephen Miller On Tucker’s Show [VIDEO]
- Going in style: Lavish toilet at Russian university causes stir
- Iraqi Kurds ready to support ‘sacred resistance’ against Turkey if ‘allowed’
- 5 missing after gas well explosion in Oklahoma
- Pennsylvania court rules state’s gerrymandered congressional map unconstitutional
- Europe’s ‘concessions’ make Trump less committed to nuclear deal – Tehran
- Canonical Says Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver) Will Come with Boot Speed Boost
- LibreOffice 6.0 Launches January 31 with New Libraries to Export EPUB3 Files
- Linus Torvalds Calls Linux Patch for Intel CPUs "Complete and Utter Garbage"
- Canonical Pulls Intel's Spectre Update from Ubuntu Repos Due to Hardware Issues
- darktable 2.4 Open-Source RAW Image Editor Gets First Point Release
A Libertarian Case for Net Neutrality
As a libertarian you may be uneasy with the concept of net neutrality. Like me, you feel inexplicably drawn to this neutrality but feel guilty for it. You think to yourself, “I’m a free-market libertarian, by God! Regulation is wrong! Why is my instinct betraying me?” It’s because we don’t live in perfect world. We live in an economy that is far from free and is infested with government regulations and corporate manipulation. The internet service industry is a picturesque example of this.
Unknown Jewish Circumcision Ritual Turns Stomach
There is a circumcision ritual practiced by Orthodox Jews called Metzitzah (“suction” in English) which really turns my stomach. After cutting the foreskin, the Rabbi sucks on the infant’s genitals to clean the circumcision wound. I am an steadfast supporter of religious freedom but this is disgusting. There are reports of infants contracting herpes from the Rabbi due to this procedure. Herpes or not, what the fuck? If you want more info you’ll have to Google it because just talking about this makes me nauseous.