Valerie Gatto, the current Miss Pennsylvania, revealed to Philadelphia Daily News writer Jenice Armstrong that she is a child of rape. Gatto said her mother first hinted of this to her when she was just 6 years old, telling her “Something bad happened to me. A very bad man hurt me, but God gave me you.” Because of this, Valerie has made it her life mission to try and teach women how to protect themselves from sexual assault. Read more…
The case Warren v. District of Columbia involves three women who shared a house. Two men broke into the house and began raping one of the women. Her two roommates heard their roomate’s screams and called the police. The police officers that were dispatched drove around the house, knocked on the door, and then left after there was no answer. The two girls continued to hear their roommates screams from the floor below and again called police begging for help. This time, despite promises of help from the dispatcher, no officers were even dispatched to help the girls. The two men then found the two other girls hiding upstairs, abducted all three at knife-point, and took them to one of the attackers’ apartment. For the next 14 hours the girls were raped, beaten and tortured by the two men. Read more…
During the manhunt for former Los Angeles police officer Christopher Dorner, eight police officers unloaded over one hundred rounds into a truck containing two innocent women driving their paper route. Both LAPD Chief Charlie Beck and the department’s civilian oversight board admit that the officers violated their ‘official policy.’ Such a violation would justify Chief Beck firing the officers, but instead, he is returning the officers back to street duty. He said that he “appreciate[d] that the officers involved in the incident took action with intent of protecting the ‘target’ and his family; however, the chain of events which unfolded and the extent to which the use of lethal force occurred did not meet my expectations, consequently there were innocent victims wounded.” Read more…
- WATCH: Black Lives Matter Invited on MAGA Rally Stage
- Watch: Are Some Cultures Better Than Others?
- Climate Change Not So Threatening to the Planet After All According to New Study
- Promoting His New Show, Mike Huckabee Reveals the Big Con Pulled on Evangelicals
- President Trump Slams North Korea and Iran in United Nations Speech
- Powerful earthquake shakes Mexico City - reports
- Defender to contender: Ex-England & Man United footballer to become pro boxer at 38
- Asylum seeker ‘frustrated at slow access to cash’ set bank on fire in alleged arson attack (VIDEOS)
- Crew likely inside ‘virtually intact’ WWI German U-boat found off Belgian coast (VIDEOS)
- Faked Grenfell victims likely inflated suspected death toll – Met Police
- Firefox, Thunderbird and VLC Are the Most Popular Apps Among Ubuntu Users
- Ethical Hacking Distro Parrot Security Gets ZFS Support, It's Based on Debian 10
- Linus Torvalds Kicks Off Development of Linux Kernel 4.14, the Next LTS Release
- VirtualBox 5.2 to Let Users Enable or Disable Audio Input and Output On-the-Fly
- Linux Mint 18.3 to Be Dubbed "Sylvia," Enables HiDPI by Default in Cinnamon 3.6
A Libertarian Case for Net Neutrality
As a libertarian you may be uneasy with the concept of net neutrality. Like me, you feel inexplicably drawn to this neutrality but feel guilty for it. You think to yourself, “I’m a free-market libertarian, by God! Regulation is wrong! Why is my instinct betraying me?” It’s because we don’t live in perfect world. We live in an economy that is far from free and is infested with government regulations and corporate manipulation. The internet service industry is a picturesque example of this.
Ron Paul Has His Own Convention
It’s no secret that the GOP brass isn’t particularly fond of Congressman Paul. Even with Paul accumulating an impressive 6 states and almost 300 delegates by some counts, the GOP and Romney campaign have yet to even offer him an invitation to the Republican National Convention in Tampa. But Ron Paul doesn’t need your stupid convention because he’s having his own damn convention. Apparently it will kick off just before the GOP’s does and will be located in Tampa as well. If you want more details on Paul’s Tampa Rally check out his official announcement available on his website.